I love experiencing the color and texture of a beautiful fall day! Seeing natural beauty outdoors often inspires us to bring that feeling indoors. A cost effective way to add color and texture to your fall floral arrangements-or winter or any season-is by incorporating natural decorative accessories. And one of my favorite natural products to use is the OASIS Midollino Sticks.
Midollinos are fun and flexibleThese thin and organically dyed rattan sticks can be used in their dried form, bundled to create a strong static line or bent and curved through an arrangement, adding dramatic lines and color. To make them even more pliable, soak your Midollino Sticks in water for 60 seconds or so. Once they're wet, you can tie these flexible sticks into knots and bend them into interesting shapes. While wet sticks might bleed a little color into the water in your vase, that just adds to the fun!
Add energy with colorMidollino Sticks give you more than shape: available in strong pink, purple, natural, black, apple green, turquoise or red, you can subtly blend them into a design or add contrast with a bright and hearty hues. Either way, with Midollino you can add shape, color and texture for just pennies. They come packaged in one-pound bundles of approximately 200 thin and (approximately again!) 32-inch long sticks.
Five Tips for using Midollino Sticks in a design
- Expand the space of a design by radiating lines, bundles or curves of Midollino.
- Accent the design vase with a band, braid or knot of Midollino.
- Double-face tape Midollino to the sides of a container for a fibrous finish.
- Accessorize a vase by UGLUing Midollino shapes onto the sides.
- Soak the sticks, then bend and wire them into an armature. Add flowers.