May 25, 2016
Planning a Graduation Party? Try these 5 Tips.
A gift as simple as a corsage for the Graduate’s cap can showcase one’s signature style. This trendy design made of OASIS Aluminum Wire A graduation party is a celebration of success. Your customers are proud of their graduates and want to celebrate them in style. How can you help to personalize these parties with flowers and flair?
Offer a Party Planning ChecklistInvest some time in creating a party-planning brochure for customers who aren’t accustomed to planning events. Highlight how your floral business can help. Provide quick and easy tips for organizing social events. Offer ideas for adding color and fragrance with flowers. Consider including these five suggestions:
1. Choose a themeSet the stage for celebration by choosing a theme that best describes the graduate. Consider using school colors, favorite hobbies, sports preference or future plans as the subject of the theme. Keep the look consistent with invitations, decorations and even the food menu.
2. Decorate to celebrateHang a banner, float balloons or scatter confetti on tables, but most importantly, don’t forget the flowers! Flowers add life to a celebration and help attendees to feel like special guests. Match the style of flowers to the personality of the graduate. This calla design in a slate OASIS ECOssentials Cylinder accented by dramatic lines of OASIS Aluminum Wire, a ruffled band of Flat Wire and a basing of OASIS Brooches would appeal to a modern taste. Decorate with these conversation starters:
- Fill a 21" OASIS® Wreath Base with fresh flowers in school colors for the entrance door.
- Order a life size cutout of the graduate in a fun pose, to greet guests as they arrive.
- Display the graduate’s scrapbooks, school activities, team photos, prom pictures and awards on a memory table with a personalized floral centerpiece.
- Showcase university or career memorabilia to indicate future plans.
- Frame a favorite photo in a wide mat, without glass. Ask guests to autograph the mat offering their congrats or best wishes.
- Set up a theme-inspired photo booth for snapshots of the graduate and guests.
3. Have fun with foodBe creative with your foods while keeping the menu on-theme.
- The graduate likes sports? Serve ballpark foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, etc.
- Do the kids hang out at the pizza place? Order in their favorite pizzas and desserts.
- A movie buff? Rent a popcorn machine and offer a tasting bar of popcorn toppings and boxed movie treats.