THANK YOU FOR ALL WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED! IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE JUDGES TO GET TO WORK.
MEET THE JUDGES
Kelly Mace is an award winning marketing professional having worked in the floral industry for over 25 years. She is the Marketing Communications Manager for Smithers-Oasis.
Nationally he has designed and judged across the country for garden clubs, wholesale houses, state associations, floral organizations and floral wire services. He has presented at several of the Art In Bloom weekends as a guest speaker and judge. Kevin was a presenter at the 2011 Newport Flower & Garden Show “Entertaining Newport Style” in Newport, RI which drew more than 10,000 attendees.
Frank has been involved in many facets of the floral industry for more than 30 years as a retail shop owner, event designer, educator, and commercial print designer. In addition to his specialty floral event company, he currently serves as a design director for the Smithers Oasis Company in Kent, Ohio. Frank’s work has been featured in many industry publications including Florist’s Review, Flora and Floriology Magazines. He has participated in many design events including Petals and Paintings at the Krannert Art Museum, Nature’s Creative Edge and several projects at the White House.
The arrangement should evoke an emotion consistent with the summertime theme of the category.
Professional application of mechanics - devices and techniques that help to secure materials and create stability in a design, normally concealed, but may be deliberately exposed for artistic effect.
Area of greatest visual impact to which draws the eye most naturally. Emphasized area within the area of dominance.
Balance should be physically and visually stabilized by placement of flowers, foliage and other materials. Proportion relates to the comparative size of various components in relationship to other elements within the design.
The creative use of line within the form should create tension and interest with the arrangement. Rhythm is necessary for the visual flow of all components in relationship to each other. Form refers to the overall shape of the arrangement created.
Harmony in floral design refers to the aesthetic quality created by the placement of materials. Unity is the cohesive relationship of the materials and elements to each other.
The creative uses of color and texture in relationship to the overall appeal created by the arrangement. Texture should create tactile and visual interest within the design.
The overall impression or sense of beauty and originality inspired by the completed arrangement.
• Theme: Fall and Eco themed, not Halloween.
• Create a design using the materials from the Fall Virtual Design Kit. The design should interpret the theme of fall and inspire other designers using products provided. Use a minimum of 2 products from your Fall Design package. Okay to color enhance, deconstruct, alter 2 products must be used from the Fall Design package.
• Top 10 finalists chosen by the judges will each receive a $50 gift certificate for OASIS Floral Products/Floralife Products to be used at favorite local wholesaler or on oasisfloralproducts.com. Top 10 finalists will be displayed on website for voting and also on social media for voting.
• One submission per person. Entries to submit photos has been extended to October 22nd, 2021 midnight EST in order to participate in contest.
• The wholesale cost of each entry must not exceed $60 wholesale (at least 60% being fresh product). The entry must include a product list with costs completed in detail for each design. Every product used needs a fair market value assigned. Any additional props used must be included in arrangement cost. Contestants are responsible for acquiring their own flowers. Flower and additional hardgoods cost must not exceed $60.
• Winner will be announced on November 1st, 2021.
• Only one entry per person.
• A prize package of OASIS Floral Products valued at $250 will be awarded to the winner. $50 product package to 10 runner-ups.
• Entrants agree that designs submitted will be used in Smithers Oasis Social Media avenues to include Facebook and Instagram. Winner agrees to be featured in a live social media interview at a mutually agreeable time.
CLICK HERE to download the complete guidelines