Eight Ways to Turn Petals to Profits with Prom Flowers
Atlantic® Slaplet WristletHere are eight ways to turns petals to profits for prom 2019. These tips set the stage for dramatic prom sales, streamline the process, increase the perceived value of our floral designs and design skills—and make it fun to buy flowers. Each features a new design for 2019, many with products from our newly-added Milton Adler and Handy Floral Products collections.
1. Develop a prom network to help increase salesCreate a joint marketing plan with a local dress shop, a tux shop, photographer, restaurant, transportation firm, etc., to refer services and advertise as a group.
- Promote your designs by placing a design of the week in each business along with flyers and coupons.
- Offer prom 2019 T-shirts printed with each company’s logo. These continue to promote the group after prom season.
- Post a prom fashion trend article with photos on social and school media and each business’ website.
- Post a series of prom flower photos on your shop’s Instagram feed.
2. Reach out to schools for gathering orders
Product: OASIS™ Bind Wire Bright
- Volunteer to present flower programs to school and civic groups explaining prom trends, budgets, flowers, etiquette, etc.
- On the day the prom court is announced, send gifts wristlets and bouts to schools to honor the prom court, prom sponsors, junior and senior teachers.
- If your school still allows florists to sell prom flowers on campus, set up a sales table at lunch, break and after-school events.
- Create flyers that offer a discount coupon. Enlist a few active students to hand them out to fellow students. Have the student salesperson sign the coupons and give them a bonus for each coupon returned for prom flowers. This gives the seller and buyer a good deal.
3. Make it fun ‘n easy to shop for prom flowers
Plan a prom party in your shop to encourage advance orders.
- Share dates and times on social media.
- Offer specials and packages.
- Give discounts to students who hand out your flyers.
- Think 2-2-2: Schedule two weeks ahead, two days a week, for two hours.
Encourage groups of friends to place their orders together while enjoying pizza.
- Suggest couples attend together and bring the dress to coordinate His & Her orders.
- Decorate with a prom theme and play popular music.
- Hang framed photos of finished designs live artwork in your shop.
Help prom kids feel comfortable and confident placing orders.
- Showcase designs as artwork on order boards to increase the value of the sale.
- Encourage customers to select their own design materials: Fill trays with various design materials like wire forms, ribbon, beads and other decorative floral accents in pre-priced collections.
- Include fun elements like lights.
- Bag the selected items with each order immediately to remove from available stock.
4. Upsell orders by adding floral jewelry
- Show floral jewelry in jewelry-store-like displays alongside traditional wrist corsages and boutonnieres.
- Post a menu board of design styles, prices and add-ons.
- Make and sell basic wire forms in advance. Glue flowers in on design day.
- Provide trays for collecting items for customized orders.
- Pull from stock selected items and attach to their order to prevent overselling.
- Display recommended flowers and label with variety, name and available colors.
5. Increase your prom flower options
Offer higher priced items. If flower crowns, floral purses and bouquets aren’t already hot items in your area, consider adding them to your prom menu.
6. Finalize the sale
Product: Atlantic Filigree Cuff Wristlet
- Require payment in advance to speed up the pick-up process.
- Give a numbered receipt with an assigned time for the day of pick up.
- Remind them of pick-up hours for prom day. Make it early enough for corrections.
- Ask for their mobile number. Then, call or text if they miss their assigned time.
- Offer a discount coupon for a future purchase or a free rose the week after prom.
7. Set up a production line for faster design
Product: Handy™ Beaded WristletSave labor and time by gluing flowers into designs instead of wiring and taping each flower. This is the perfect place to utilize broken blooms. If the basic form is made in advance, it only takes a minute to glue the flower heads in place.
- Slip a PVC pipe inside a row of bracelets to glue several at one time.
- Group designs that require flowers of the same color.
- Glue flowers into the row of wristlets.
- Allow flowers to dry before packaging for the cooler.
- Organize the cooler by alphabet and assigned pick up times.