10 Tips for ‘Salebrating’ Christmas in July with Flowers
If you thought Christmas in July was the marketing genius of retailers aimed at increasing summer sales, guess again. Some sources say this weather-related celebration first took place in Europe. Others believe that a group of Irish tourists visiting the Sydney Blue Mountains of Australia in the 1980s brought the idea to life. Either way, the idea appears to have begun not with retailers but as a spontaneous celebration. Regardless of its origins, this modern holiday offers us another opportunity to celebrate life with flowers!
Christmas in JulyAs the story goes, Irish tourists visiting Australia in July were inspired by the white and frosty fields of snow in the ski region of New South Wales. Having left summer weather in their homeland, they were reminded of winter and they convinced their host to help them celebrate with a Yuletide party. Local businesses joined in and Christmas in July was born. The idea grew. The blarney bashes evolved into regional festivals. Savvy businesses caught onto the sales bonus of celebrating a gift-giving holiday twice a year. Christmas in July parties complete with Santa and gifts became a new tradition to enjoy, especially in Australia, where the day is now a national holiday. Soon Christmas in July promotions began to pop up other places, including America.
Join the party and add to your summer salesHow can you use the Christmas in July concept to add to your summer sales? Everyone loves a good party or a great discount. Here’s 10 ideas:
- Create your fresh holiday design collection and take photographs to use in your promotions.
- Create an email newsletter sharing the latest trends for the upcoming holiday season.
- Offer an in-store design demo of new trendy decorations that can be pre-ordered.
- Offer a discount for holiday items pre-ordered within the next 30 days.
- Add new holiday designs to your website now with a promo code for advance orders.
- Post the newly created designs on Social Media and ask for advance orders there.
- Offer a free flower to each person who shares your post. (To be picked up in-store.)
- Use 1" OASIS™ Flat Wire, Red (also ¼” or ½” widths) to create a modern ribbon effect.
- Update your look using 1" x 3" UGLU™ Adhesive Strips to adhere OASIS Decorative Wire to containers.
- Incorporate organic containers like 6" ECOssentials Cylinder, Moss in your Christmas Collection.